New Orleans Food Policy Advisory Committee
Running a Food Hub: USDA report on food hub closures and lessons learned
The USDA has released it's fourth report in the Food Hub series, Learning from Food Hub Closures.
The report draws on national data and case studies to understand why some food hubs have failed in an effort to learn from their mistakes and identify general lessons so new and existing food hubs can overcome barriers to success. What you’ll find inside:
- Map of food hub locations (they’re everywhere!)
- Historical growth of hubs (check out what happened during the economic recession!)
- Survival rates of hubs (it’s pretty darn high!)
- Post-mortem analysis of 6 food hubs (always more to learn from failure than success!)
- Lessons learned (tying it all together!)
You can download the report here and/or order hard copies of volume 4 and the other reports in the series – free of charge:
Next working group meeting: February 21, 2pm at CC's Coffee on Esplanade. Interested in attending or joining? Let us know!